Friday, April 15, 2011

Rose in Bloom, by Louisa May Alcott


The continuing story of Rose of "Eight Cousins." This book begins with Rose, at 20, coming home to her aunts and cousins after 2 years abroad with her uncle and friend, Phoebe. It is then, that she is met with the decisions of what to do with her inheritance, as well as how to react to her many suitors , life out in society, as well as her grown up cousins. As Rose learns about who she really is, and what love is, she is able to choose her future.
I really enjoyed this sweet romance. I found myself rooting for certain suitor, even before I knew he would become one. I love how the romance was written as a friendship that deepened into so much more. Another wonderful book by Louisa May Alcott. I give it 4 stars a PG rating.

0 comments: