I really enjoyed this unique book about a man who has just graduated as a pottery major from college. His life's dream is to be a town potter, something almost nonexhistent in the United States anymore, and it is realized when he answers an advertisement of a little town in Pennsylvania.
Although he has mixed feelings about the small town of Niederbipp, he soon finds himself drawn into the life there as he learns about the potter whose place he took. As people come in to share their stories of Isaac with him, he finds himself changing in many ways.
I really enjoyed the story, and I loved the way the book was written, as if it was typed in his sketch book, and so there were ponderings and drawings scattered throughout it. The one thing I didn't like was how abruptly I found it ended. It is a series, and it definitely leaves you wanting more. I give it 4.5 stars and a G rating.
**I have since read the other two books in this series, Discovering Isaac - The Beloved Potter of Niederbipp and Becoming Isaac: The Next Potter of Niederbipp. They were both just as wonderful, and truly completed the story. They were like reading a "self help" book with them not being preachy, because it was all in the story.
Friday, April 15, 2011
Remembering Isaac: The Wise and Joyful Potter of Niederbipp, by Ben Behunin
Posted by
Lisa Brown
at
11:45 AM
Labels: Lisa Brown
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment