I just finished "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert last night. I wasn't sure how much I liked the book while I was in the process of reading it. It wasn't until I was finished and had time to think about it and talk about it that I realized how much I really liked it. A lot of people asked me if it was ultra-feminist. I didn't think so AT ALL! She has a beautiful style of writing, and a wonderful way of explaining things. Some things this book made me want to do are: go to Italy and eat a lot of delicious food, take up Yoga and meditation, learn about different cultures, learn more about myself and what makes me tick, love the people I'm lucky enough to have in my life more fully. If you are thinking about reading this book, I would recommend getting your own copy so you can mark it up and make notes in it. Some of her ideas are kooky to me, but some make perfect sense! I would rate it PG-13 and give it 4 stars.
Monday, February 25, 2008
Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
Posted by
Aundrea
at
4:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I completely agree. I'm glad you liked it.
I agree with you. I liked this book a lot better when I was done with it. I got a little bored when she was in Indonesia, but loved Italy(especially the descriptions of the food) and India.
I saw an interview of the author discussing this book on Oprah. It looked great and there seems to be a large group of women supporters. Some of the readers had really been changed by the book and were there also to share their experience. Also the author's mother was there talking about how she had watched her daughter's life experiences shape the foundations for the book. It was a really good Oprah. Made me want to read the book, and now with your endorsement, I think I will.
I really had a hard time getting into this book and wasn't real impressed. Some of her enlightments were good but nothing we don't already know, I guess it's about how she figured things out. But not my cup of tea.
Post a Comment