I recently read this comment on Arah's blog "It’s been a long standing rule of mine to not read any of Oprah's book club choices. She always chooses books that make you want to slit your wrists." I too have felt this way. Her comments makes me chuckle!
Well I have recently read some of her book club books and have found that the next few I have in my reading bin are also Oprah books...
I just finished "The Pilot's Wife" by, Anita Shreve. I did enjoy the little mystery that came with this book. And I tried to not live the characters emotions, that always helps. I'm lucky Jeremy will never be an airline pilot that dies on a flight who was responsible for the 104 people on board. The story takes you through the life of the pilot's wife after such a tragedy and her hunt for the truth and what really happened on that plane.
I give it four stars and a PG 13 rating. Not bed ridden depressing and a decent story line. I'd love to hear from those who have read it.
Monday, February 25, 2008
The Pilot's Wife
Posted by
Rochelle
at
12:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I also love this book. I'm glad you liked it.
I read this book about a year ago, I really enjoyed it too :)
I read this book when it first was published way before it was on a book club list and I really liked it. There has since been a movie of this book also and it was pretty good and stayed pretty true to the storyline.
Post a Comment