Let's begin. The first book for the Sistahood is...."The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants". The "Sisterhood of Traveling Pants "was the inspiration behind our Across the Miles Book Club. If you haven't read, you must. This is a light read, about four girls and their friendships that carry them through life’s experiences. Throughout this series these girls leave caddyness aside, support each other through challenges and love each other for their differences. I give it five stars and a PG 13 rating.
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





16 comments:
I love this book and the entire series in fact. I even have the "Sisterhood" journal and a bracelet with a little tiny pair of pants charm on it that my girlfriend Melissa gave me. I love this book. Did I already say that?
I feel the same way, except I don't have a bracelet and that sounds really cool.
Thanks for joining our club. If you get me e-mails of those you think would enjoy this I will send them an invite.
I think this will be fun!
I also think this will be fun!!
I haven't read this yet but will pick it up from the library this week.
Okay, who has a copy of this that I can borrow? And I'll warn you guys -- I am a sporadic reader, but when I get into a book, I REALLY get into it. I look way too much into characters, I get worked up over the plot, and my children usually end up eating fast food because I don't put the book down in enough time to make dinner. SO -- if you see my children wasting away and you start to smell the stench of my home from miles away, come tear the book from my hands, please.
I think Aundrea has some of the books.
I'd recommend this series to anyone! I loved it. We've read a couple of them for my book group and everyone liked them. However...if you've seen the movie, don't expect the books to follow along. :)
Thanks for the invite; I love to see what everyone's reading!
I am checking this out tomorrow!!
Great idea! This will be a lot of fun.
I've been meaning to read this book for a couple of years now. This will motivate me to read it. Thanks for the invite. This will be fun!
Alot have read this and I saw that I rated it PG13, but I think it might be PG. Anyone else have an opinion on that. Im not a good judge of that stuff
i read the whole series and loved it!! thanks for inviting me to this blog. i enjoy reading, but don't do enough of it! maybe this will motivate me to read more!
Rochelle, Thanks for inviting me to this group! I am, way excited to take note and advice from all the books being listed. I promise that when I can read a non-school book, I put it up there!
I finally have time to read a non-school book and chose this one! I love the easy read yet dramatic feelings. I am way excited to start book two now!
Post a Comment