Okay, my first recommendation is The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale (I’m starting super safe with the “no smut” stuff). Maybe a lot of you have already read this but there are so many things that originally turned me off (the title, the fact that it was called a “fairytale”, and the fact that it’s actually written for teens to name a few) that it took me a while to get around to it. The only reason I ended up reading this is because my sister-in-law left it in my car and I was desperate for something to read. This sounds like a bad review doesn’t it? Well I have to say that I was very pleasantly surprised. I loved the main character; there’s action, suspense, romance, and it’s just a good story and a really light and easy read. It’s hard to describe what it’s about, so just read it if you haven’t - I promise you won't be able to put it down. I would rate it PG and give it 4 out of 5 stars. If you’re still hesitating just think about the time you heard that Twilight was about vampires, you still gave that a chance right? : )
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Give it a go
Posted by
Lisa
at
7:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
A friend of mine recommended this book to me...I was hesitating because of the title I think. I'm gonna try it out! Thanks Lisa!
My sister Melanie told me about these books she said she loved them. I just need to find them:)
I love all of Shannon Hales books. They're always light and fun.
I really loved the Goose Girl. It was a very romantic and adventurous story. I had never heard of this fairytail before, but aparently the book is based off of an original story. I was completley there as I read it.
I jumped into the second of this series and was actually quite dissapointed. I just don't feel like the author pulled it off. It felt forced and trite. So I didn't even look into the third.
I plan on owning a copy of this book.
I loved this one... I need to give the others a try
I finally read this! I loved it! Thanks for recommending it..I'm going to look into the series and hope that I'm not disappointed!
I just finished this book. I felt like it was slow reading at first but I got through the first chapter and loved every chapter after. It was a great story and kept me wanting to read more. I would give 4 stars.
Post a Comment