My favorite book so far this year is "These Is My Words" by Nancy Turner. If you can get past the obvious grammatical issues (which actually serve a purpose in the novel) you will not be disappointed! This is one of a select few books which led me to ignore my house and children while I enthusiastically finished it. Luckily it only took me a couple days. It is written in diary form and tells of a tough and courageous young woman living in the Arizona Territories in the late 1800's. I even fell in love with one of the characters (I won't spoil it by telling you who) and couldn't get enough of him. To quote the B&N synopsis, "Sarah's story leads us into a vanished world that comes vividly to life again, while her struggles with work and home, love and responsibility resonate with those every woman faces today." I'm not very good at the rating thing, but I'd have to give it a 4 out of 5 stars. (I can't say why it doesn't get 5 out of 5, but that seems to denote perfection and I just don't hand out perfection very easily.) Enjoy!
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
You'll Love It!
Posted by
Amy Jones
at
6:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Yay! I'm so excited to see you post this book Amy! Can I borrow!? I've heard great things about it!
I've been hearing a lot about this book lately. Thanks for recommending it.
Not that you know me but I know Jax and her family through the Ward family . . .anyways, I love this idea of the traveling books . . .just a little story about this book . . . it was the first book I read for a so called "book club" and I actually never went that month but it had me hooked and now I really enjoy reading all over again. You will fly through it! It is a great read; although the next book, Sarah's Quilt, I just really could not get into!
Have fun and enjoy the read!
I love this book. I read it twice last year because I like it so much.
I just finished this book and I loved it! Such a great story! I could not put it down! I found myself gasping out loud or laughing...I even had a couple of good cries! A real page turner! Everyone should read! Thanks to Amy for posting it!
I was just going to post this book, I'm new so I was checking to see if it was up already, I thought it would be here already, seeing how Amy told Nat and Nat lent it to me. I loved it, it took me two days to finish, I didn't get out of my jammies yesterday and read all day long. It was a wonderful story. I also fell in love with one of the characters. I didn't know there is a second book to it. Good to know.
I also loved this book - and it is so fun to get everyone's recommendations! I love this blog!
Post a Comment