I absolutely hated this book!! The new book group I joined recommended this.(I am kind of scared!!) Did I really just not get it?? I feel that the author focused too much on the scenery and not enough on the actual story. I was so incredibly bored the whole time I read this...it was 238 pages and it took me so long to read because I kept falling asleep! Please someone, suffer through this and give me your opinion! I would give it 0 out of 5 stars.
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
I hated this book!!
Posted by
Bonnie
at
7:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Bonnie..you make me laugh!..Crazies is right! I'm sorry that I won't be suffering through this book to tell you that you are right...maybe somebody else will! LOL!
I've heard if I want to spend twenty minutes a blade of grass I should read this. ;)
You are so right, Rochelle!! Seriously, if anyone has sleeping problems, here's your book!!
No way! I own this book and love it. My one complaint is that the ending felt rushed and didn't maintain the same pace as the rest of the writing.
I loved the time spent describing the land and felt connected to both the land and the characters. I think so much time was spent on describing the land because the land had so much impact on each person that lived within the story. Not to sound too literary, but honestly, I think the land was and is a character in this book.
We don't work the land anymore, at least most of us don't. So I think this book has value in teaching us our place in the grand scheme of things. If we were to experience some cataclysmic event, I'm sure more would relate to what this book is saying.
Beautifuly written and would be a perfect book rating from me if the ending were revised with a bit more depth.
That is funny how totally different our views of one book can be. Maybe I'll give it a go and let ya all know what I think.
I loved this book! I studied it in a class in college about influential American women authors, and really found an appreciation for her style of writing. Granted, if you are looking for a story line that moves along quickly, this is not the book for you, but if you can slow down and get into her writing style the imagery is beautiful.
Post a Comment