This book is awesome! If you have ever read the Work and the Glory series you will love this one. It is written in the same format where you are following a couple of families and each chapter is written from a different perspective. I read it a few years ago and I couldn't put it down (literally, I read it in about 2 days). Since I am going on the trek this summer I have started it again and am reminded of how well written it is (and I am wondering what the heck we are thinking--planning to pull handcarts for the "experience." I wonder what the real hand cart pioneers would think of us crazies!). A little advice though... keep your tissue handy, it can be tough to get through without crying. Definitly give it 5 stars, hope you enjoy!
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Fire of the Covenant
Posted by
Toshia
at
8:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
This is for sure one of my favorite books! A great book to read if you want to learn a little more about Church History and the Martin and Willie Handcart companies. It made me realize how lucky I am that I had incredibly brave ancestors who crossed the plains pulling handcarts! Amazing! I loved it!
this book was amazing! it made me laugh and made me cry. it strengthened my testimony and it made me realize that much more what a blessing the gospel is in my life! i can't even begin to imagine what it would have been like for those saints! a super great read!
Post a Comment